All East Suffolk Lines trains from Lowestoft and Felixstowe call at Ipswich Station. A major interchange for other destinations, the station is situated on the Great Eastern Mainline between Norwich and London Liverpool Street. There are direct connections to Manningtree for the line to Harwich, Colchester, Chelmsford and many other mainline stations, with direct service to Cambridge, Bury St Edmunds, Ely, and Peterborough.
The station houses a news agent, several coffee shops, ATMs and a passport photo booth.
Ipswich station is located about 10 minutes walk from the town centre and the Portman Road football ground. Buses call at the station forecourt. Some rail tickets, including Anglia Plus, include a bus pass to and from the town centre.
- Staffed – The ticket office is open 05.00-21.20 Monday to Saturday, and 07.20-22.00 Sunday
- Ticket Machines – self serve, accept cash and most credit and debit cards
- Customer Service Desk – Inside the waiting area
- Help Point – All platforms
- Real Time information screens – Inside the booking hall, waiting area, and on all platforms
- Timetable information boards – Multiple (paper timetables are available from the customer service desk
- Bicycle Parking – Two secure cycle parks: one next to the forecourt; one next to platform 1
- Car Park – Pay & Display – 414 spaces (25 spaces for disabled parking)
- Bus Connections – multiple (Plus Bus available for Ipswich town centre)
- Taxi Rank
- Toilets – at the southern end of Platform 2
- Wi-Fi – free
- Lift – access to all platforms
- Station-to-Station Walks – The Fonnereau Way to Westerfield station; Ipswich waterfront to Derby Road station and Trimley Station