There are two railway stations at Oulton Broad. East Suffolk Lines trains call at Oulton Broad South while Wherry Lines trains call at Oulton Broad North. Oulton Broad is at the southern gateway to the Broads National Park. Boating, sailing and yachting activities take place year round. Leisurely cruises are popular in the summer. The town centre is home to a variety of shops, restaurants, cafes and pubs.
- Unstaffed – buy tickets from the ticket machine or on the train
- Ticket Machine – next to the platform
- Help Point – located on the station building
- Real Time information screen – next to the platform
- Timetable information board – on approach to the platform
- Bicycle Parking – 6 spaces
- Car Park – 4 spaces
- Bus Connections – 106 local bus serving Oulton Broad
- Station-to-Station Walks – Angles Way to Beccles station, and the Easterling to Lowestoft station
The Suffolk Wildlife Trust Carlton Marshes are about 10 minutes walk from the station where a variety of wildlife can be observed; a new visitor centre is set to open Spring 2020. Nicholas Everitt Park is a few minutes walk north of the station; it is situated along the water. The park has picnic facilities, a restaurant, playground and bandstand. Boat races take place every Thursday evening between April and September. Inside the park is Lowestoft Museum. Fossils, ancient artefacts, flint tools, and traces of Roman history are on display. Admission is free.