Westerfield station is two miles north of Ipswich town centre on the B1077 Westerfield Road. It has an hourly service on the Ipswich – Felixstowe line with limited service on the Ipswich – Lowestoft route. Westerfield is the perfect ‘kiss & ride’ facility for commuters wishing to avoid Ipswich traffic; cyclists can make the trip into Ipswich in only 12 minutes. There are easy bus connections for students attending Otley College. The Railway Inn is adjacent to the station.
- Unstaffed – buy tickets from the ticket machine or on the train
- Ticket Machine – next to the waiting shelter on the Ipswich-bound platform
- Help Point – on the platform
- Real Time information screens – both platforms
- Timetable information board – on approach to the platform opposite the station building
- Bicycle Parking – 4 spaces
- Car Park – none
- Bus Connections – 116/118/119 to Witnesham and Otley. 118/119 to Framlingham.
- Station-to-Station Walks The Fonnereau Way to Ipswich station, the Fynn Valley Walk to Woodbridge station, and three circular walks