We hold FREE station-to-station Guided Walks throughout the year. Your dog is welcome too and they travel free on the train.
Next Free Guided Walk – 28 December 2023
Our next guided walk has become a tradition over the years; it’s our annual Christmastime walk and this year we’re offering a route we’ve not offered before.
- Thursday 28 December – Wickham Market and Pettistree Circular – 5.5 miles – about 3 hours
- Starts 11.10am at Wickham Market rail station
- 10:07 train from Lowestoft, 9:28 Felixstowe, 10:16 Ipswich
- Led by Maureen Colledge and David Bays
The circular route starts and ends at Wickham Market station, making its way across attractive countryside, taking in Pettistree and the old town of Wickham Market before making its way back toward the rail station. Please bring some snacks for short stops along the way. Optional pub stop for a drink at the end, across from the station. Station House Cafe is closed during Christmas week.
Advice if you plan to take part in our Guided Walks
- Wear stout, comfortable footwear and have waterproofs if wet.
- Bring refreshments (especially drink), a snack, or lunch for brief stops along the way.
- Dogs are welcome but must be on a lead.
- Check train times before setting on the National Rail Enquiries website or mobile app, or call 03457 48 49 50.
- Be tick aware! Ticks can be encountered all year. Government advice on ticks is available here.
- No insurance cover is provided – all come at own risk.
If you would like to be notified of our FREE Guided Walks by email please fill in the form below. Emails are sent a few weeks in advance of a specific walk; they also contain information on the walks we’ve got planned in the coming months.