We hold FREE station-to-station Guided Walks throughout the year. Your dog is welcome too and they travel free on the train.
Next Free Station-to-Station Guided Walk
Our next station-to-station Guided Walk is Saturday 27 August – Trimley station to Felixstowe station – via Deben Lodge – 10.31am – 8 miles – 4 to 5 hours, led by Graham Newman.
The route makes its way through isolated countryside reaching the River Deben with some excellent views of the estuary. Be sure to bring enough drink and snacks for short breaks along the way.
As we head east along the river we’ll make our way toward the North Sea at Felixstowe Ferry and have a stop for lunch. There you’ll find the Ferry Boat Inn restaurant and pub, along with a few cafes, or bring a picnic.
From Felixstowe Ferry we head south, hugging the coast on the way to Felixstowe with its wonderful seafront gardens. There are many restaurants, pubs and cafes if you plan to stay a bit longer instead of heading straight back to the rail station.
This walk is route No. 1 (via Deben Lodge Farm) in the current issue of the East Suffolk Lines Walks Booklet. You can download the map here
Advice if you plan to take part in our Guided Walks
- Wear stout, comfortable footwear and have waterproofs if wet.
- Bring refreshments (especially drink), a snack, or lunch for brief stops along the way.
- Dogs are welcome but must be on a lead.
- Check train times before setting on the National Rail Enquiries website or mobile app, or call 03457 48 49 50.
- Be tick aware! Ticks can be encountered all year. Government advice on ticks is available here.
- No insurance cover is provided – all come at own risk.
If you would like to be notified of our FREE Guided Walks by email please fill in the form below. Emails are sent a few weeks in advance of a specific walk; they also contain information on the walks we’ve got planned in the coming months.