We hold FREE station-to-station Guided Walks throughout the year. Your dog is welcome too and they travel free on the train.
Next Free Station-to-Station Guided Walk
The next free Guided Walk is Saturday 28 May at 10.04am – Fynn Valley – Westerfield to Woodbridge station – 10 miles, 4 to 5 hours.
If coming from the Lowestoft direction you’ll need to change trains at Ipswich and catch the 9.58 Felixstowe service to Westerfield.
8.06 train from Lowestoft – 9.28 from Felixstowe – 9.58 from Ipswich
The Fynn Valley walk makes its way through some of the most picturesque landscapes in East Anglia, following the path of the River Fynn to where it becomes Martlesham Creek. We’ll pass through the villages of Tuddenham, Playford and Little Bealings along the way. From the footpath, you can spot the railway high above the valley floor. The end of the walk is along the River Deben at Woodbridge with lovely views across the estuary.
Be sure to bring enough food and drink for a picnic-style lunch break. At Woodbridge, you’ll find many pubs and restaurants catering to all tastes.
Advice if you plan to take part in our Guided Walks
- Wear stout, comfortable footwear and have waterproofs if wet.
- Bring refreshments (especially drink), a snack, or lunch for brief stops along the way.
- Dogs are welcome but must be on a lead.
- Check train times before setting on the National Rail Enquiries website or mobile app, or call 03457 48 49 50.
- No insurance cover is provided – all come at own risk.
If you would like to be notified of our FREE Guided Walks by email please fill in the form below. Emails are sent a few weeks in advance of a specific walk; they also contain information on the walks we’ve got planned in the coming months.