We hold FREE station-to-station Guided Walks throughout the year. Your dog is welcome too and they travel free on the train.
Next Free Station-to-Station Guided Walk
Our next Guided Walk takes place Tuesday 28th December 2021. It’s a 5.5 mile circular walk from Melton station to Sutton Hoo. Starts when the 11.29 train arrives.
10:05 train from Lowestoft, 10.25 Felixstowe, 11:10 Ipswich (Check the timetable where you live as the East Suffolk Lines will be operating to a Sunday but still hourly-service on Tuesday 28/12).
En route you’ll discover tidal marshes, oak woodland and sandy heaths on this circular guided walk around Sutton Hoo, via the village of Bromeswell.
It’s Free – No need to book – Just show up – Dogs welcome! Please do not come if you have Covid symptoms.
Advice if you plan to take part in our Guided Walks
- Wear stout, comfortable footwear and have waterproofs if wet.
- Bring refreshments (especially drink), a snack, or lunch for brief stops along the way.
- Dogs are welcome but must be on a lead.
- Check train times before setting out: National Rail Enquiries or the or call 03457 48 49 50. You can also keep up-to-date with the National Rail Enquiries App for your smartphone.
- No insurance cover is provided – all come at own risk.
If you would like to be notified of our FREE Guided Walks by email please fill in the form below. Emails are sent a few weeks in advance of a specific walk; they also contain information on the walks we’ve got planned in the coming months.