Wickham Market station is located on the B1078 approximately 2 miles east of Wickham Market in the village of Campsea Ashe. The station was once an important interchange for passengers continuing on to Framlingham via the branch line that also served Marlesford, Hacheston and Parham.
- Unstaffed – buy tickets from the ticket machine or on the train
- Help Point – on approach to the platform
- Ticket Machine – on the platform under the canopy
- Real Time information screen – one on the platform; one inside the station cafe
- Timetable information board – on approach to the platform
- Bicycle Parking – 10 spaces on the forecourt and 8 in the platform cycle shelter
- Car Park – free – 46 spaces plus 5 additional spaces for motorcycles
- Bus Connections – Katch Taxi-Bus to Wickham Market and Framlingham – See katchalift.com to book. Suffolk Coastal Connecting Communities – Demand Responsive Transport, book ahead on 01728 635938
- Station-to-Station Walks – Deben Valley to Melton station and Alde Valley to Saxmundham station
Station House Campsea Ashe is located inside the old station building; it’s run by a non-profit organisation who operate a cafe along with rooms for hire for meetings and classes.
The Bentwaters Cold War Museum is 3 miles east of the station in Rendlesham; it is open on select Sundays. Located on the old RAF Bentwaters site inside a hardened command post, volunteers have restored the war operations room and battle cabin. The museum houses items from the base’s active days, information on the UFO incident at Rendlesham Forest along with full sized and scale model aircraft that made Bentwaters their home.