The next East Suffolk Lines station-to-station guided walk takes place on Saturday 11 August.
Darsham to Halesworth – 9 miles – about 4.5 hours
The walk meanders above the River Yox with broad views of the valley. Enjoy a stop at Bramfeld Church with its thatched roof and detached round tower. Extensive meadows flank the River Blyth on the way to Halesworth. Refreshments are available at the end of the walk.
Free – Open to the Public – Dogs Welcome
The walk begins at Darsham station at 10am following the arrival of the 8:28 Greater Anglia train service from Felixstowe (change at Ipswich), 9:07 train from Lowestoft, and the 9:17 train from Ipswich.
No Need to Book – Just Show Up
It is recommended that you bring along a drink and lunch or a snack. The route can be found in the latest edition (2018) of the East Suffolk Line Walks Guide which is also available as a download, or print off this specific walk here
- Led Declan Hughes
- Walk is FREE – NO NEED TO BOOK – Just show up
- Stout footwear essential. Long trousers recommended. Have waterproofs if wet
- Bring snack/drink for mid-way break
- Dogs on leads WELCOME
- Check times before setting out: nationalrail.co.uk or phone 03457 48 49 50.
- No insurance cover – come at own risk.