The next East Suffolk Lines of guided walk takes place on Saturday 03 June.
Starting at Trimley Station and ending at Woodbridge Station the 12 mile ramble will take a route via Newbourne and Martlesham; the walks follow field paths and quiet lanes, passing Falkenham Church, with views of the River Deben.
Participating in the walk is FREE of charge and open to the public. Starts from Trimley Station at 9:20 following arrival of the 8:28 train from Felixstowe, the 8:58 from Ipswich, and the 7:07 from Lowestoft (change at Ipswich). Return trains from Woodbridge are :16 to Ipswich / Felixstowe, and :32 to Lowestoft.
The walk is being led by Eric Wallis and is expected to take around six hours. All are welcome including well-behaved dogs.
It is recommended that you bring along your own drink and snack, wear suitable footwear and waterproof clothing. All participants take part entirely at their own risk.
The walk is part of numbers 3 and 16 as listed in the latest edition (2016) of the East Suffolk Line Walks Guide which can is also available as a download.
- Route: Trimley Station to Woodbridge Station via Newbourne and Martlesham
- Date: Saturday 03 June 2017
- Time: 9.20 (on arrival of the 8:28 from Felixstowe via Ipswich; 8:58 from Ipswich; 7.07 from Lowestoft
- Distance: 12 miles
- Further information: Part of walka no. 3 and 16 in the East Suffolk Line Walks Booklet
- Essential items: Bring water, lunch or snack.
- Finish time: Approx 15.30 with trains to Ipswich and Felixstowe at :16 minutes past the hour, and to Lowestoft at :32 minutes past the hour.
- Led by: Eric Wallis.
- Cost/Booking: The walk is free of charge and there is no need to book. Just show up on the day. No insurance cover is provided – all participate at own risk.
- Equipment: Wear stout comfortable footwear and have waterproofs as the route could be muddy.
- Dogs: Well-behaved dogs welcome but must be on a lead.