The East Suffolk Lines Community Rail Partnership will host its first guided walk of 2018 on Saturday 10 February
The 7.25 mile ramble will take in quiet country lanes, pass a conifer plantation, solar farm, two churches (both with round towers) and a few Suffolk hills! There will be a midway comfort stop at a pub. Refreshments available at the end in Halesworth.
Free – No Need To Book – Dog Friendly
The walk is free; there’s no need to book and your dog is welcome (and dogs ride free on the train!); just show up on the day. It starts at 11:15am at Halesworth station upon arrival of 10:07 train from Lowestoft, the 9:28 train from Felixstowe via Ipswich, and the 10:17 train from Ipswich.
- Route: Halesworth Station circular
- Date: Saturday 10 February 2018
- Time: 11.15am
- Distance: 7.25 miles
- Cost: FREE – No need to book
- Trains: 10.07 from Lowestoft, 9:28 from Felixstowe via Ipswich, 10.17 from Ipswich
- Check times before setting out: nationalrail.co.uk or phone 03457 48 49 50.
- Led by: Mary Moore
- Equipment: Stout footwear essential; have waterproofs if wet.
- Dogs: Well-behaved dogs OK if on a lead.
- Refreshments: Bring lunch or snack and drink. Available at the end of the walk.
- No Insurance Cover Provided: come at own risk