The first East Suffolk Lines guided walk of Autumn is happening Saturday 30 September.
The 9 mile route is a circular one and is expected to take between 4.5 and 5 hours; it begins at Wickham Market Station at 10.10 and takes in parts of walk No 7 and 19 in the East Suffolk Lines Walks booklet which is available as a download.
The loop east of the station will take ramblers through some of Suffolk’s most rural parts allowing walkers to enjoy isolated and remote countryside; this includes a stop at Stone Farm, Blaxhall which gets its name from the gigantic stone that sits in the front garden.
The walk crosses atmospheric water meadows as it travels alongside the River Ore and passes through largely arable farmland, plus visits the two villages of Marlesford (with a farm shop) and Little Glemham.
The walk is FREE; there’s no need to book. Just show up on the day!
- Route: Wickham Market Station Circular
- Date: Saturday 30 September 2017
- Time: 10:10 (9:17 train from Ipswich, the 10:07 from Lowestoft, and 8:28 from Felixstowe (change at Ipswich)
- Distance: 9 miles – 4.5 to 5 hours.
- Further information: parts of walk No. 7 and 19 in the East Suffolk Line Walks Booklet
- Essential items: Bring water, lunch or snack; refreshment also available en route and at the cafe inside Wickham Market station
- Cost/Booking: The walk is free of charge and there is no need to book. Just show up on the day. No insurance cover is provided – all participate at own risk
- Equipment: Wear stout comfortable footwear and have waterproofs if wet.
- Dogs: Well-behaved dogs welcome but must be on a lead.